February 13, 2011

Milestones

My daughter is now 7 months old! We have experienced many milestones and I know there are many more to come. I remember her first sneeze, her first smile, the first time she laughed, and the first time she sat up by herself. Today we experienced a new milestone - she stood up! We had just finished dinner when she reached up, grabbed the arm of the couch and pulled herself up.

As a new mother I often find myself visiting the internet to make sure my daughter is developing on schedule and at times I am convinced my baby is a genius and learns everything faster than any other baby out there. There is a lot of information on the internet and sometimes it can make my head spin. This is why I decided to trust a few sources for all my baby development information.

My Iphone is helpful to this mommy in a million different ways. Today I am going to to focus on the one app that I have decided to rely on for all my baby development news, Pregnancy and Development. I first downloaded this app because it was free and have found it helpful ever since. It offers weekly development posts related to pregnancy and then when your baby is born you simply enter his/her birthday and the app tells you what kind of development to expect and when. There is also an journal option, that allows you to add comments, pictures and videos of your child. It is a great place to help record all your child's milestones. This is a great option for mothers like me that have never scrapbooked, take most pictures and videos with their phone, and get behind on the that baby book that you had such high hopes of completing when you were pregnant.


The second item I use is a text message service that I subscribed to when I was pregnant. It is called text4baby. Text4baby is a free service that sends weekly text messages about your pregnancy and your baby's first year of development. This is a program that was designed to promote maternal and child health and who doesn't want that.

In short, my baby is a genius because she is standing!

Until next time.

1 comment:

  1. wow - we've come a long way...I remember writing down everything, including bm's!! If only I had an iPhone then, lol!!!

    ReplyDelete