February 13, 2011

Welcome to "Hello Motherhood"

It is 1:00 am in the morning and I have finally decided to commit to writing my first blog ever. As a new mother one can sometimes find themselves desperately seeking advice from experienced mothers and also sometimes craving adult conversation. After using my Facebook page to bother my fellow mothers for advice, I have now decided to put what I have learned into this blog - and as another venue to ask more questions.

Now a little about myself...

Vivian Pearl, 3 weeks
My world was changed on June 24, 2010 at 2:31am, when my fiance and I welcomed our daughter into the world - Vivian Pearl. I always knew I wanted to be a mother, but the thought of being completely responsible for a human life is still very nerve racking and I find myself worrying about many many things. My daughter is now 7 months old and I still have nightmares about dropping her on her heard or leaving her in the car (thank you Parenthood Magazine for sharing real stories of these things happening and thus scaring me to tears).

Along with tackling the trials of motherhood I make the long commute (1.5 hours each way) to work a full time job five days a week. This means that everyday I go to work I have to say good bye to my sweet baby and it does not get any easier the more I do it. This is tough and I secretly wish (well not that secret anymore) that someday I can make a comfortable living staying home with my baby and her future siblings.

Thank you for reading and please stay tuned...





2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the Blogosphere Kat! Look forward to following your adventures in motherhood!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I decided to take your advise. Can't wait to see how this will all work out.

    ReplyDelete